I2C acknowledgement problem and resistor pull-up

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by riyazm, Oct 4, 2011.

  1. riyazm

    riyazm

    We are using a buffer for I2C interface signal's voltage level translation. Here our I2C host is OMAP3530 which is of 1.8V signal level and device is video ADC which is a 3.3V signal level.So we are using a buffer for voltage translation.

    When we try to access the Video ADC from OMAP3530, we are not getting the acknowledgement from the processor side.

    The internal pull-up resistor of the buffer(of all pins) is 10K and the I2C lines of video ADC is 2K2.

    what is the equivalent pull-up resistor we can put at the video ADC side

    please provide helpful suggestions.....

    REGARDS

    Riyaz

    riyazm, Oct 4, 2011