Inconsistent booting: P7P55D Pro

Discussion in 'Asus' started by kfarmer, Jun 11, 2014.

1. kfarmer

kfarmer

Lately, my computer does not boot consistently. Sometimes I hear a single beep and everything is normal. Other times there are three beeps and the boot fails. On some of the 3-beep boots, the monitor remains black but I can hear the Windows theme music play as though the boot were successful.

Any advice is appreciated.

kfarmer, Jun 11, 2014
  2. kfarmer

Ian Administrator

I've had a look at the manual for this motherboard, but can't see anything that would be just three beeps (unless there's a long beep first?). A continuous beep followed by three short beeps is "no VGA detected".

It does sound like a graphics related problem, so the first thing I'd do is remove the graphics card, check/clean the connections and then replace it. :)

Ian, Jun 11, 2014
    kfarmer likes this.
  3. kfarmer

kfarmer

Many thanks. There is one long beep preceding the three short ones. Don't know how I missed that. An intermittent issue with the graphics card might explain some other issues as well.

kfarmer, Jun 17, 2014
Ask a Question