I've really stuffed up!

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by forbesie, Apr 18, 2009.

  1. forbesie

    forbesie

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2009
    Any help would really be appreciated.
    My motherboard is an Albatron P4M800-775 ver1.0
    It wouldn't recognise a new 320GB hard drive so I decided to try flashing the bios.
    Floppy is playing up so learnt how to create a bootable CD and it worked for rev 1.01
    Pc ran ok but there was 3 other bios updates to do so created another CD and tried to flash.
    What happened was old bios was deleted and then nothing.. no new install of rev 1.02. waited about an hour and had to reboot or try to. This is what was on monitor:

    "AWARD BOOTBLOCK BIOS V1.0
    COPYRIGHT 2000
    AWARD SOFTWARE INC
    BIOS CHECKSUM ERROR
    DETECTING FLOPPY DRIVE A MEDIA
    INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER...."

    Wooooops!
    Albatron don't speak very good english, when they speak. But no help yet.
    Can anyone suggest a fix please?
    If I found a floppy drive that worked do you think I could re-flash?
    Can't get at it with pen drive or CD I guess.:(
    regards
    Rick

    forbesie, Apr 18, 2009