MA790X DS4 dmi pool data hang

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by RichieC, Mar 13, 2010.

  1. RichieC

    RichieC

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2009
    Hi All,

    I am using a MA790X DS4. with this configuration:

    Maxtor 80gb IDE (2 partitions, XP and a data partition). Jumpered to CS, on IDE0 slave. An optical drive on IDE0 master, again, set to CS
    WDC 320Gb SATA on IDE1 M (2 partitions, W7 and a data partition)
    WDC 320GB SATA on IDE2 M (1 data partition)

    Now, I wanted to remove the Maxtor, and leave just W7, however, when I do that, only 1 of the SATA drives is recognised, and the system hangs at 'Verifying DMI Pool Data......'

    I've tried various configurations - changing boot order, removing the optical drive, disabling the IDE in the BIOS etc. I have reset the CMOS by removing the battery for 30 minutes and restarting, but the system only boots sucessfully when the Maxtor is in place.

    I hope I've included all the info that's needed. Any ideas anyone, it's driving me crazy!

    Many thanks,

    Richard.

    RichieC, Mar 13, 2010