motherboard bios frustration

Discussion in 'Motherboard General Discussion' started by joe1, Feb 5, 2011.

1. joe1

joe1

OK so I bought this pc package from best-buy
    Its a lenovo k320
    core i3 3.2 ghz
    h57 chip-set
    Ive noticed the bios string is hidden from view by the annoying lenovo boot splash and there are no options to disable it to show the power up post test. In adition to this once in the bios setting ther is no mention of bios manufacrurer other than its lenovo.
    bios rev. 5lkt42a
    bios block rev. 5l42a
    as far as I can tell by running some searches of this board its a lenovo oem foxconn
    L-IIXBM:V.1.0 Lenovo has it listed as IH57_ALC888S_82578DC mainboard .
    Any info anybody has on this board would be great as I have scoured the internet and find very little help. Is there a compatible bios that would give me full control of this board instead of what lenovo has decided I need. I have a ton of numbers written down but they mean absolutely nothing to me.

joe1, Feb 5, 2011
  2. joe1

kskcheche

I have the same computer. From what I can tell its AMI bios. You can check by removing the keyboard and booting up then it will show the bios screen for a split second before it boots. Mine showed American Megatrends. Ive yet to get the bios unlocked.

kskcheche, Mar 9, 2011
Ask a Question