motherboard eats flash drives

Discussion in 'ECS' started by kreng, Jun 13, 2007.

1. kreng

kreng

I am trying to set up a generic computer acquired by a friend. The mainboard appears to be an ECS 648fx-m7 though this model isn't actually listed on the ECS website. I can only find it on non-English Asian sites and the pictures on those are identical to the board I have. The closest ECS board is the 661GX-M7 and there is a sticker with this label on my board, and it is almost though not quite the same as the picture in the manual.

In any case, the board has destroyed three different flash drives in rapid succession. Other drives and a USB mouse it leaves alone. As far as I can determine, USB connections and voltages are correct. Can anyone give me any more insight as to why this computer fries some USB devices while others work normally and remain unharmed. Has anyone encountered this before? What can I do to ensure expensive cameras and other devices are not wiped out? At present we don't dare plug anything into the USB ports. What is going on here please?

Much thanks for any help.

kreng, Jun 13, 2007
Ask a Question