    1
    Does anyone has a list of multi-processor motherboard name? or do you know any?

    I want to build a system with 2 Quad core processors....

    ahfei, Jun 2, 2008

  2. ahfei

    workaholic26

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Tyan has been making high-end multi-cpu motherboards for years now. They have their socket 771 mother boards for multi-Intel CPUs and Socket F boards for multi-AMD CPUs. Newegg.com sells both.

    I feel a need to mention that, as most Multi-CPU boards are made for server environments, they are often very costly and temperamental in regards to hardware matching certain standards. Also, unless your applications are designed to take advantage of such a configuration you may not notice ANY performance improvement over a single cpu configuration. They are usually not the best "cost vs performance" choice when building gaming/multimedia machines.

    Newegg.com currently offers 39 motherboards supporting AMD's Quad Core Phenom CPU. If your looking for Multi-Quad Core CPUs, again Tyan is your best bet.

    workaholic26, Jun 8, 2008

  3. ahfei

    Rishab

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2008
    Messages:
    8
    is there any intel board that can support 2 processors?

    Rishab, Jun 23, 2008
  4. ahfei

    richgardon9

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    i think its not possible to support 2 at a time

    richgardon9, Jul 7, 2008