Motherboards Advice

Discussion in 'Motherboard Purchase Recommendations' started by jackgreat, Jan 13, 2009.

  1. jackgreat

    jackgreat

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2009
    Hello Everyone.

    I will be buying a pc for office purpose. I am more of an Intel guy than AMD. I am focussing right now on -

    -Intel Core 2 DUO (E7300 or E8400)
    -2 GB RAM
    -Will use motherboard's inbuilt Graphics & Sound
    -SATA Hard drive
    -Windows XP

    I need advice from you guys as to which motherboard should I go for. I mean i dont want to go for a cheap board and ruin my pc's performance.

    I dunno if this is true or not but are intel original motherboards better than chipsets (like mercury, asus, gigabyte etc).

    I was thinking of going for Intel DG31PR motherboard. It costs around $65 here. Some people say motherboards from companies like Gigabyte or Asus are better. For example a Gigabyte G31 motherboard would cost $50 or so. And will provide better performance. I dunno if this is true or not. Are intel original boards better than other companie's boards. What do you guys say ? What should I guy ?

    Thank You, :)

    JG

    jackgreat, Jan 13, 2009