MSI 6741 HELP with SATA setup

Discussion in 'MSI' started by bdannels, Oct 27, 2006.

  1. bdannels

    bdannels

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello:

    I am trying to setup a raid 1 aray on this board. I know nothing about sata
    setups.

    The drives are WD 1200's I have read in more than place to set both drive jumpers to master on sata raid setup. WD says these drives to NOT use master/slave jumpers?

    Anyway, I have 2 sata connectors on the motherboard, when I plug each one into each one of the drives the drives will NOT spin/power up. If I remove the motherboard connector from the drive, the drive will spin/power up.

    This happens if I use either one of the power connectors on the drive.

    I was thinking I might have a problem with the drive but it is doing the same thing with both drives.

    Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

    Tks.
    Bill

    bdannels, Oct 27, 2006