MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum and BIOS v1.9

Discussion in 'MSI' started by new, Jul 24, 2007.

  1. new

    new

    Location:
    Ukrain
    Picked up an Opteron 175.
    Needed to flash so mobo would accept it.
    (BIOS was original version from day one board issue)
    Went thru procedure, got "flash successful"
    Reboot.
    No POST. No beeps. No nothing.
    Fans spin up.
    HDD spins up for a few seconds then stops.
    Power LED glows brightly.
    Starring at a black screen.
    OK. Figured bad flash.
    It happens.
    So I ordered a new chip from badflash dot com.
    New battery while I was at it.
    Install chip/battery.
    Power up.
    Exact same thing.