MSP430 problem entering bootstrap mode

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by thierrydollar, Feb 21, 2007.

  1. thierrydollar

    thierrydollar

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2007
    Hi,

    I'm encoutering a very tricky situation regarding the bootstrap loader
    mode.
    I can or cannot reprogram my MSP430 depending of its memory content.

    For example, I can always program it if the memory is empty. But
    it the MSP430's memory already contains a program containing
    WDTCTL = WDTPW + 0x80;
    WDTCTL = WDTPW + 0xB8;
    Then I get a timeout error when I try to reprogram the device.

    Any idea where this might come from and how to solve it
    Thanks for your help
    Thierry Schneider

    thierrydollar, Feb 21, 2007