My motherboard will only read one stick of RAM

Discussion in 'Motherboard General Discussion' started by Darkshadow334, Aug 3, 2009.

  1. Darkshadow334

    Darkshadow334

    My motherboard is an Asus M3N72-D.

    My memory is KVR800D2K2/4GR

    The RAM i bought was dual-channel(2x2GB), and came together in the same packaging. However, my computer is only recognizing one stick of RAM at any given time. I have 4 slots for RAM (A1,B1,A2,B2), and it runs correctly when I put RAM in A1 or B1. The monitor gets no signal when I use A2 or B2 at all, and when using both A1 and B1, it only recognizes one of the slots. I'm wondering if it's something I am doing that is wrong, or if what I got just isn't compatable with what I have.

    I'm not positive if I need to give more information, but if I do let me know and I'll do my best.

    Darkshadow334, Aug 3, 2009
  2. Darkshadow334

    onadal

    Check manual manufacturer or go to asus web and download the manual. Pay attention specially on how much Ram can u install it

    onadal, Sep 2, 2010