Need Help Repairing HP Pavilion Motherboard

Discussion in 'Motherboard General Discussion' started by zentech, Mar 18, 2021.

  1. zentech

    zentech

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2021
    Ok, I have an HP Pavilion Motherboard that is not starting up. The model is DA0R53MB6E1 REV E R53. I got the schematic from HERE. I went through the startup voltage sequence. and I have detected the following.
    -- CHARGER CIRCUIT --
    19V ok at charger circuit.
    -- PU7 POWER SUPPLY --
    VIN 19V
    VRE5 5V
    VRE3 3V
    EN0 3.2V
    POWERGOOD 0V
    ENC 0V (missing enable voltage comes from U16 kbc)

    -- KBC U16 --
    11 VCC = 1.2 should be 3V According to schematic
    121 VPCU = 3.2V
    123 RSMRST = 0V
    124 ECPWROK = 1.1V
    21 ACIN = 3.1V
    69 AD_AIR = 2.7V
    18 LID_EC = 3.2V
    14 WRST = 3.1V

    I have doubt as to where the 3V on pin 11 U16 comes from, at this time voltage is only 1.2V. If someone can help appreciated
    Thanks

    zentech, Mar 18, 2021