Need update

Discussion in 'MSI' started by rokh, Oct 5, 2006.

  1. rokh

    rokh

    Yup, as the title says: I need an update for my motherboard. The only place i can find it is on esupport who wants $30. I dont really feel like paying that much for it.

    So.. can anyone help?

    ------------

    Program: eSupport.com BIOS Agent Version 3.56
    BIOS Date: 09/27/02
    BIOS Type: American Megatrends
    BIOS ID: 62-0927-009999-00101111-040201-SiS648-1SIS648
    OEM Sign-On: A6585SMS V1.1 09272002
    Chipset: SiS 648 rev 2
    Superio: Winbond 697HF rev 6 found at port 2Eh
    OS: WinXP SP2
    CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Processor 2400 Mhz MAX: 3000 Mhz
    BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes
    BIOS ROM Size: 256K
    Memory Installed: 512 MB
    Memory Maximum: 512 MB
    Memory Slot 01: 512 MB
    Memory Slot 02: 0 MB
    Memory Slot 03: 0 MB
    Memory Slot 04: 0 MB

    ------

    ...Thanks! :D

    rokh, Oct 5, 2006
  2. rokh

    Eldest_One

    What kind of update are you looking for? A new BIOS or a replacement BIOS chip? And what motherboard do you have?

    Eldest_One, Oct 5, 2006
  3. rokh

    rokh

    Im looking for software/driver update. My computer boots in a wierd way, and i think its because of the bios. Its ATM at Amibios setup utility - version 3.31a. I suppose its from 2002 (i can tell from the date written above), and i also suppose that there have been released some updates since then.

    rokh, Oct 5, 2006
  4. rokh

    rokh

    Cant anyone help? :(

    rokh, Oct 5, 2006
  5. rokh

    Eldest_One

    Is the system one you bought from Dell or HP or someother system builder? If so the board is probably not supported by MSI as it was made just for that system builder and any BIOS updates will most likely have to come through them. I can see it uses an Intel processer. Can you see anypart numbers on te motherboard that might help to identify it.

    Eldest_One, Oct 6, 2006