No hard drive found when installing xp on new drive

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by happydude, Oct 28, 2007.

1. happydude

happydude

I have a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro mobo that has a Silicon Image SATALink RAID Controller. I do not use RAID.
    I have a new hard drive hooked up to a IDE Drive and I want to install XP Pro on the new hard drive.
    I have downloaded from drivers from http://www.gigabyte.eu/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=1652
    and after pressing F6 and getting to the screen where I can press ENTER to install XP I receive the following:
    "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer".

Having not done this before am I doing this the correct way? I have downloaded the top option under the SATA RAID column from the above link and get the above error. Do I not have the correct file?

Your help will save my life.
    Cheers!

happydude, Oct 28, 2007
  2. happydude

happydude

After connecting the hard drive IDE cable to the same location as the CD-ROM cable and using the proper driver the XP CD was able to find the new hard drive.

Is there any disadvantage in leaving the hard drive cable in the same location after the install of XP is complete or should I return the IDE cable it to its original location?

Thanks for looking.

happydude, Oct 28, 2007
Ask a Question