No Post, No Beeps

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by HDave, Apr 18, 2009.

1. HDave

HDave

I have a brand-new build with a Tyan Thunder n3600M s2932 - (PN #S2932G2NR-E). For a CPU I have two AMD 2384 (quad core 2.7Ghz). I have 1 stick of 4GB ECC Reg 800Mhz DRAM per CPU.

I've tried all combinations of 1 or 2 cpus and cannot get the thing to POST. The LED indicator on the mobo starts as FF then goes to D0 and then the thing hangs.... Fans work, drives spin up, but no video, and no beeps.

Using a brand new 1000W PSU.

If I boot without any CPU or memory it just flashes "FF"...so I know it is recognizing the CPU. If I boot with a CPU and no memory I get the same "FF D0" hang...

Any suggestions? Must be either the mobo, the type of memory, or a bad PSU. I have no cards hooked up...nothing. Tried attaching a USB keyboard and mouse...nothing. Tried attaching a SATA drive...nothing.

HDave, Apr 18, 2009
  2. HDave

HDave

Turns out if you remove the sticker on the BIOS there is another sticker underneath that tells the BIOS version (2.0.2). This is an older BIOS and doesn't support the Shanghai processors. Tyan tech support pointed me to biosman for a replacement....just placed the order.

HDave, Apr 27, 2009
Ask a Question