No Sound on Front Audio ECS GeForce6100SM-M

Discussion in 'ECS' started by dannyw, Jul 4, 2007.

  1. dannyw

    dannyw

    I purchased a barbones system recently. I plugged in the wires from front panel to audio header on ECS GeForce6100SM-M but can't get audio/mike to work. The technician at the store claims that the ECS GeForce6100SM-M Motherboard front audio doesn't work unless rear audio is disabled by a jumper. "It's in the manual" he claimed though I could find no mention of it. I find this hard to believe as I've built systems using a variety of motherboards and have enjoyed both front and rear audio in parallel. Any truth to his claim?

    FYI: I plugged the wires from motherboard which are labeled/connected to AUDIO1:

    1 MIC
    2 GND
    3 MIC-IN
    4 ------no wire