No sound

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Olle73, Nov 3, 2006.

  1. Olle73

    Olle73

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2006
    Hi,

    I have a problem that I really need help for.

    I HAD a computer with a ABIT AT7-MAX2 motherboard and a ATI Radeon 9700 Pro All-in-Wonder graphic card.

    I HAD it, until a thunderstorm took my motherboard. So I had a new motherboard installed, MSI 865PE Neo3-V. And everything working fine, except for the fact that there is no sound in the speakers.

    The grahic card works, at least the graphic part of it. And I have installed the latest drivers.
    The speaker works, I have tested them on another computer.
    I have installed the latest audio drivers from MSI.

    Please help me with this.

    Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
    Olle73, Nov 3, 2006
  2. Olle73

    peppepizza

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2006
    Can you get your hands on the trial verson of windows vista.

    Had the same problem and did a fresh install of vista and the sound now works great.
    ;)

    peppepizza, Nov 27, 2006
  3. Olle73

    Olle73

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2006
    The problem is solved. Somehow there was no Jumpers in the audio connection. Therefore the sound were sent to the front speaker connection, which I didn't have...

    Olle73, Nov 27, 2006