    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2007
    I reformated my hard drive,now my computer don't see my USB ports,why?, How to fix ?.Using windows xp.

    Carrym, Mar 23, 2007
  2. Carrym

    Renjith

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2007
    Location:
    India
    Troubleshoot USB device

    Hi,

    This is Renjith. I'll be glad to assist you with the information to reinstall the USB driver.

    Please follow the procedure to troubleshoot the USB ports on a computer.

    Disconnect all USB peripherals.

    Connect a USB device to the USB port on the back of the computer to verify that it is working properly.

    Connect a USB device to the front USB port and verify that it is connected securely.

    Restart the computer in Safe Mode

    While in Safe Mode, remove and reinstall the USB controller through Device Manager.

    Follow this procedure to remove and reinstall the USB controller:

    WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. The USB controller may not reinstall properly leaving usb devices, like an external drive or mouse, inaccessible.

    Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.

    In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category, double-click the Performance and Maintenance icon.

    In the Performance and Maintenance window, under or pick a Control Panel icon, double-click the System icon.

    In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab.

    On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button.

    In the Device Manager window, double-click the Universal Serial Bus controller.

    Under the Universal Serial Bus, click to highlight the USB host controller.
    On the menu bar, click the Action menu.

    On the Action menu, click Uninstall.

    In the Confirm Device Removal window, click the OK button.

    NOTE: If the System Settings Change window appears, click the Yes button to restart the computer.

    Repeat the removal process for any other USB host controllers.

    Restart the computer.

    The operating system will find this device and automatically reinstall it.
    Restart the computer.

    Connect a USB device to the USB port on the back of the computer to verify that it is working properly.

    Connect a USB device to the front USB port and verify that it is connected securely.

    Please informed that if prompted for the driver installation disk, in the Add New Hardware window, type: C:\Windows\inf.

    It may be necessary to configure the operating system to show all files before trying to access the C:\Windows\inf.

    Please follow the above mentioned steps this will resolve the issue.

    Thanks and Regards
    Renjith
    [email protected]
    [email protected]