OmniBook 800CT expanded Memory detection

Discussion in 'HP' started by jfputnam, Jan 13, 2008.

  1. jfputnam

    jfputnam

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2008
    Location:
    Chicago
    I have an old OmniBook 800ct that I am trying to get to work again. I have two memory upgrades but it seems that it is not detecting them or using them. One is 32M and on 64M. I have installed win98 over the win95 (part or all is SE, can't tell). Some of the literature suggests that it should auto detect when it powers up (after taking battery out and re-installing), but when I look at the "about windows" or run the mem.exe it shows only the 16M of ram on the board.

    Would the extra memory show up there?

    Did I loose a special win95 startup step that did memory detection?

    I noticed when I put in a UBS /PCI card with a wifi card, it started thrashing which made me look at the memory situation.

    Anyone with insight, I would appreciate it.

    --John Putnam

    jfputnam, Jan 13, 2008