Phoenix BIOS corrupted in ACER

Discussion in 'Acer' started by rrosste, Nov 22, 2006.

1. rrosste

rrosste

I'm going to explain a the solution to a problem I found. I hope it will be useful for some people, as I have noticed in some forums these erratic behaviour appears in a few Acer laptops.
    I have an ACER TravelMate 4001 WLMi. Symptoms: blinking power led (orange/green), immediate start up after plugging (battery or power cord) and fan running, but nothing else (black screen). This erratic behaviour started one day, booting the computer. I believed there was some wrong with hibernation or some kind of malfunction in the basic initialization routine. In fact I thought it was a hardware failure (and I should get rid of the motherboard). Fortunately I found there is an emergency procedure to recover a Phoenix BIOS system and I tried it. It worked. So the problem was that the BIOS was corrupted I don’t know the reason why: maybe a defective programming from factory or a problem with the quality and the integrity of the flash BIOS system.
    I did it with an external USB floppy disk unit. Fortunately, this method I tested and worked for my ACER is described in this forum (thank you very much!):

https://www.motherboardpoint.com/t36681-p2-acer-bios-update-fails.html

I hope this will be useful. For me was like recovering the laptop from trash!

rrosste, Nov 22, 2006
Ask a Question