Please advise, best motherboard usb-handling wise

Discussion in 'Motherboard General Discussion' started by rayfuss, Mar 22, 2010.

1. rayfuss

rayfuss

Hi All, This is my first post, although I´ve been reading and following a few interesting posts before on this site.

I need some help deciding what motherboard to buy, I have no special preference regarding processoro or brand, and have no other requirement than the need to connect to the same pc multiple usb webcams, with different purposes.

I need to connect to it 4-6 microsoft lifecam cinema cameras, for high definition recording and broadcasting, as well as probably other 4 regular webcams, for lower definition video recording and broadcasting.

So far, I have had nothing but problems with connecting more than 2-3 webcams on all the motherboards I have tried, most of them on old pcs (newest one was an AMD 64x2 5200 w/ an asus motherboard, not sure what model, tho), and have also tried installing these webcams on different controllers, including using PCI usb extensions.

Would anyone be able to recommend a motherboard that could accommodate 8-10 usb webcams and handle the usb bandwidth/connections in the best possible way? I would have no problems in combining motherboards and pci usb cards, as long as it allows me to accomplish this.

thanks in advance.

rayfuss, Mar 22, 2010
Ask a Question