Pls Help (error:0175 bad crc1,stop POST task)

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by dypo, Feb 27, 2008.

  1. dypo

    dypo

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2008
    hi,
    Been using my ibm t20 laptop for some months but was surprised to get this error when i tried putting it on this message pops up
    ERROR 0175:BAD CRC1 STOP POST TASK
    CPU=Inter(r) mobile mobile intel(r)pentium(r)3 processor-mprocessor 866mhz
    638k system ram passed
    126m extended ram passed
    512k cache sram passed
    system bios shadowed
    video bios shadowed
    umb upper limit segment address:dcoo
    fixed disk 0:ibm-djsa-210
    atapi cd-rom:sony cd-rw crx700e
    mouse initialised
    error
    0175:bad crc1,stop POST task.
    press f1 to enter set up or press f12 to choose temporary boot device.
    But when i tried pressing f1 or f12 nothing happens so am really confused cos i dont know what's actually wrong with the laptop and what could possibly have caused the error.
    pls reply as soon as possible.
    thanks
    dypo

    dypo, Feb 27, 2008
  2. dypo

    coolday.2k8

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2008
    try to enter the cmos setup utility. Try entering using a extra keyboard. If u use usb type keyboard then make sure ur system bios supports it and is enabled.

    coolday.2k8, Apr 9, 2008