Power Supply and Hard Drive for Compaq S4020WM

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by THUNDER, Mar 21, 2007.

  1. THUNDER

    THUNDER

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2007
    Okay, I am needing to get the correct power supply. Before I do that, I need to know if having larger hard drive will affect the power supply usage? This computer, as I was told, will accept the max of 200w - 250w power supply.

    Right now, I have a 40 gigs hard drive, still the same one with the computer for 4 years. I am wanting to upgrade to a bigger hard drive.

    Compaq recommanded 120 gigs to be the max and that the RPM must be 5400. The problem is, I can not find 5400 RPM.

    Can someone guide me? I do not know if it is okay to get a much higher RPM with this motherboard. I do not know if it is okay to get a much higher diskspace. I would really love to have at least 200 gigs or the highest I can get.

    The biggest concern is to match the hard drive with the CPU and Motherboard.

    I currently have 1024 MB of RAM (1 Gig).

    I also want to know if I should increase the power supply wattage, because of the increased diskspace? Or should I stay safe and be at 200 or 250?

    Please, help me on this. I'm hoping that this post will generate responses. Thank you.

    Thunder

    THUNDER, Mar 21, 2007
  2. THUNDER

    THUNDER