Problem with Dell Axim X50v

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by masjana.liza, Nov 17, 2007.

1. masjana.liza

masjana.liza

So a few days ago, I sat my Axim into a cradle to charge. After a few hours, I noticed that it wasn't yet charged (when it usually is by then) and upon closer inspection I discovered that the charging light was flickering, instead of the solid red/green that it usually is. When I tried to start it up, it would pwer on for a few seconds, then say "Main battery critically low" and shut down. Of note, while it was on, the charge light would turn off. After it shut down, the light would go back on. I put it on a different cradle (the one I was using was a 3rd party one as my Dell one broke, but is still semi-usuable, so I put it on the Dell one) where it charged fine. When I tried to start it up again, it just hangs on the "Dell" logo screen. If I take out the battery (the only way to shut it off) and turn it on again, I get a message: A memory error has been deteced...etc...I was wondering if there is any way I can get my data off of it without losing it altogether, seeing as I'd rather not lose all of that data...

I spoke to Dell tech support (not that they were much help) but the woman did give me the number to PDASmart, and said something that they might be able to help me, I think.

masjana.liza, Nov 17, 2007
Ask a Question