Purchasing a MB?

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Hanamasa, Dec 5, 2007.

  1. Hanamasa

    Hanamasa

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    I used to make PCs myself, upgrading using the same boxes.
    To build a new PC, using an old box
    - new MB
    - new CPU
    - new graphics card
    - memory to fit the MB
    - HD
    - DVD/rw

    Here in Japan, the average cost is
    - MB: 25,000 yen
    - CPU: 25,000 yen
    - GC: 20,000 yen
    - memory: 12,000 yen for 1 GB
    - HD: 13,000 for 360 GB
    - DVD/rw: 5,000

    So, without the box and other gadgets, the cost is about 100,000 yen.

    While for 75,000 yen I get a nice full Dell desktop PC with a 17" monitor...

    So, what is the point of purchasing a MB alone, 1/3 of the price of a Dell?!

    Hanamasa, Dec 5, 2007