    Messages:
    20
    After initial panic that maybe HD died on me and replacing one by one all the components I tried removing also 1Gb RAM and replacing it with old 256Mb RAM and things are back to normal with it. Thinking that found the problem went out and bought new 1Gb same model of RAM but today 100$ cheaper then 2 years ago. New one is also NOT working. Tried both slots and it is not working. Now I again placed 256Mb back in and it is working.

    sohel08, Jul 12, 2008

  2. sohel08

    Mr_ramjet33

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Ram problems

    What is the model of your motherboard? Do you have the book that came with the board. Most ECS motherboard are very choosing when it comes to memory. The things I know about ECS motherboards are: The memory has to be unbuffed, gold plated pins, and voltage has to be dead on or very close.
    I have three ECS motherboards and liking them. ECS tech service sucks badly.

    Mr_ramjet33, Nov 12, 2008

  3. sohel08

    helenk579

    Joined: