Realteck Gigabit Ethernet controller problem

Discussion in 'MSI' started by happydude, Mar 29, 2011.

  1. happydude

    happydude

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    After installing a new hard drive with a K8T Neo-FSR motherboard am I receiving the following error.
    PXE-M0F: No boot filename received

    It keeps on doing the same error over and over again.

    The BIOS does see the hard drive.

    The boot order in the Realtek RTL8110S/8169S Gigabit Boot Agent configuration menu
    is Always boot network first, then local devices.

    When I change the boot order to ROM Disable I receive the following error.
    Boot Failure
    Reboot and select proper boot device
    or insert boot media in selected boot device
    Press any key when ready

    After changing the boot order to boot the devices ordered in BIOS setup it starts perfectly into Windows XP. Once I shut down and restart the computer the following message comes up.
    Boot Failure
    Reboot and select proper boot device
    or insert boot media in selected boot device
    Press any key when ready

    How can I get it to stop?

    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
    happydude, Mar 29, 2011