    Questions
    1) should I be surprised that my RAM is not running at the speed it's rated for? Does this suggest something is defective?
    2) would I be better to exchange this RAM for actual 1600GHz RAM, or is underclocking the 1866MHz RAM just as good? (keeping the faster RAM and underclocking it saves me a restocking fee).

    prkaye, Nov 7, 2012
  2. prkaye

    prkaye

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2012
    solved

    Someone from Tom's hardware answered my question. I had to activate XMP in my bios and then it was able to auto detect and load at the correct 1866 speed.
    I can't believe I spent half hour on the phone with an ASUS tech and he never suggested this He basically said "sorry you'll just have run your RAM slower because that exact model is not on our QVL". Where do they find these guys??

    prkaye, Nov 8, 2012