sleep/hibernation

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by dana3lynn, Feb 9, 2007.

1. dana3lynn

dana3lynn

I have a emachines 2400 athlon running winxp home edition. The other night when I went to bed I shut down my computer using start>shut down. The next time I tried to turn it on it kept going into sleep mode. It has been doing this for 2 days now. It will not wake up unless I push in the power button. Sometimes when I turn it off and back on, all that is on is the orange led light and nothing around the power button. Other times it will boot up and show the splash screen, let me select my name on windows sign in and start loading drivers but then goes into sleep mode. I was able to keep it running long enough today which was a miracle to do a restore from CD Restore. Right after it finish restoring drive C it went to sleep. I was able to go to power management settings and select never do crap lol and also no screen saver. any ideas here????? it does this in safe mode also

dana3lynn, Feb 9, 2007
Ask a Question