SSID - How do I find it?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by sandringham, Apr 24, 2010.

1. sandringham

sandringham

I need to know the SSID to my home network in order to setup an iFit Live module that came with the NordicTrack treadmill that I purchased. (When set-up, the iFit module will enable me to use Google maps to create a "walking path on my treadmill" of anywhere in the world. Should be cool if I can ever get it to work!) The iFit live rep could not help me find the SSID number to my home network. I use a MacBook Pro, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, with an Airport Express 802.11n. I also use Time Warner cable (RoadRunner) and a Linksys BEFSR41 and a Motorola cable modem (Surfboard SB5101). My wireless network has WPA2 Personal security. I sure hope someone can help me.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
    sandringham, Apr 24, 2010
  2. sandringham

bobcook

SSID is Service Set Identifier. It's just the name assigned to your wireless router. It's on the list of wireless routers when you try to connect your computer. The default for yours might be "linksys". You will also need your password associated with your router.

bobcook, May 4, 2010
Ask a Question