Sun Ultra 40 M2 - Twin Opteron Towers

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Yesotho, Sep 9, 2013.

  1. Yesotho

    Yesotho

    Hi!

    I am a new user. I have had a Sun Ultra 40 M2 for about three years now. It was working fine. I was running a Linux distribution on it.

    Notice I say "was". I just about gave up on the machine until I found this forum.

    Very simply, When I turn it on, I get fans, I get green lights on the motherboard, but no image on the monitor.

    Should I sit it out on the curb for bulk refuse or is there something I can do to troubleshoot it? Hint: the answer that will not send a 50+ year-old screaming like a spoiled kindergartener who could not get an ice cream cone is "yes, you can troubleshoot".

    Also, does anybody have any experience or knowledge of using this system as the backbone of a music recording studio? I want to start recording demos of my original compositions. Will this system do it?
    Any advice? Greatest success, most miserable failure stories?

    Thank you for any help you can give me.

    Yao Akia Yesotho

    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    Yesotho, Sep 9, 2013