Supermicro X10DAi with Nvidia Grid K1

Discussion in 'Supermicro' started by andyhaughton, Jun 8, 2019.

  1. andyhaughton

    andyhaughton

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2019
    So I am having major problems getting this to work

    Discrete Device Assignment with Windows 2016 Hyper-V

    My setup is as follows

    Motherboard: Supermicro X10DAi (SR-IOV enabled)
    Processor: Intel Xeon E2650-V3
    Memory: 128GB DDR4
    GPU: Nvidia Grid K1

    When I try to dismount the card from the host I get the following:
    Dismount-VmHostAssignableDevice : The operation failed.
    The current configuration does not allow for OS control of the PCI Express bus. Please check your
    BIOS or UEFI settings.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Dismount-VmHostAssignableDevice -force -locationpath $locationpath
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: :)) [Dismount-VMHostAssignableDevice], Virtualizat
    ionException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidParameter,Microsoft.HyperV.PowerShell.Commands.DismountVMHos
    tAssignableDevice

    andyhaughton, Jun 8, 2019