The Enigma of the Asus A8n5x and the video that only displays when cmos is reset

Discussion in 'Asus' started by j230ns, Aug 18, 2007.

  1. j230ns

    j230ns

    ok, lets get right to it!
    Configuration:
    MoBo: Asus A8N5X
    Processor: AMD Athalon 64 3500+
    RAM:1.00GB
    Audio:Realtek AC'97 Audio
    Video: GeForce FX 5500 OC PCI (BFG made)

    And now with the problem!
    alright, i put this computer together myself of course as any techie would... things were great, new clean windows xp install, ran nice and fast, great graphics from the card, then one day i'm not quite sure what happened but i went to restart my computer and no video display, everything runs fine, nothing is over heating, yet no video display! I freaked out for a while and then after pulling out a pound of hair (its long, stfu so what if i'm slightly a hippie too!) i decide to reset the CMOS. Then i boot and VIOLA~! video, so i decide to turn off the computer and try again, nothing, then i reset the cmos... VIOLA~! and so on repeatedly up till today, i'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction

    oh, and i have also updated the bios, gotten the most recent updates for my gfx card, neither has helped, i've even gone in and changed some of the bios settings from time to time yet still the same problem!

    please dont tl;dr... lol

    Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
    j230ns, Aug 18, 2007
  2. j230ns

    j230ns

    wow, not even going to try -_-

    j230ns, Aug 19, 2007
  3. j230ns

    j230ns

    hmm... i just thought of something! the screws you screw into the case to mount your motherboard on, if they are not all screwed in from the motherboard to the mount screw to the case (im talking every single one) is it possible it would cause a short somewhere?

    j230ns, Aug 21, 2007