TV Motherboard White Component Sparks when TV Turned On

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by aminemarref, May 17, 2020.

  1. aminemarref

    aminemarref

    Joined:
    May 17, 2020
    Hello,

    When I power on my LED TV, I can see a white component in the motherboard producing a little light that resembles a spark with a faint audible sound. In [1], I show a picture of the component that produces the "spark" which I suspect to be a fuse. The TV does not start at all.

    My questions are:
    1. Is the little white guy a fuse?
    2. What happens if I connect its two ends with a wire, will this fix any problem associated with it? I do not have enough soldering experience to actually remove it, and put in a new fuse.
    Many thanks,
    Amine.

    [1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/7s77ohqyc0ithsj/Motherboard Fuse Maybe.jpg?dl=0

    aminemarref, May 17, 2020