Tyan S5220 Toldeo q35T Won't Boot

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by tyanuser, Sep 23, 2008.

1. tyanuser

tyanuser

Hi,

I'm putting together a new computer and just got a Tyan S5220 Toldeo q35T motherboard and an Antec Titan650 case and power supply. Everything was setup, however when I pushed the power button on the case, the fans spun for a second and then stopped (including the fan in the power supply). Then they spun again for a second and stopped. The fans continue to spin and stop, but the machine won't boot, beep, get to the BIOS settings or even light up the keyboard lights. I disconnected all the components except for the CPU and the same thing happens. Upon flipping the switch on the back of the power supply on and off a bright blue LED on the motherboard flashes momentarily, and then goes out. I've read on some posts that motherboards shut off if there aren't enough fans connected, so I varied the number of fans connected, and the same thing happens. Does anyone know what this could be? Is there any way to rule out either the motherboard or the power supply.

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
    tyanuser, Sep 23, 2008
  2. tyanuser

tyanuser

Update Since Yesterday

I borrowed a PSU tester and found that the power supply is okay. When the CPU is not in the motherboard, all the fans spin (however nothing happens because there's no CPU). When the CPU is in the motherboard, the intermittent behavior occurs. Is that a sign that it's the processor and not the motherboard? In the mean time, I'm seeking someone that is willing to let me use a processor that fits this motherboard to see what the problem is. Hopefully, I don't destroy their processor.

tyanuser, Sep 24, 2008
  3. tyanuser

tyanuser

Update

I tried out the motherboard with another processor and the problem persists. I suppose it's time for a new motherboard.

tyanuser, Oct 3, 2008
Ask a Question