upgrading computer in old hp 514n case

Discussion in 'HP' started by dmikester1, Dec 16, 2007.

1. dmikester1

dmikester1

Hello there,
    I just bought parts to upgrade my fiance's old HP 514n. I got the motherboard, cpu, ram, and hard drive all hooked up. I just can't figure out how to get the old case wires for the buttons, leds, etc hooked up to the new motherboard. The pin configuration on the old motherboard is different than the new one. All I can find about the motherboard is its called a TriGem 2002052 (Glendale). Here is the website I found on it. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&product=374650&docname=bph07813
    The new motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2. Here is the PDF Manual for that board: http://america.giga-byte.com/FileList/Manual/motherboard_manual_ga-ma69vm-s2_e.pdf
    The problem is that all the wires from the case are all joined together in one long plastic piece that connected to the old motherboard. The new motherboard has a different configuration. I'm not sure how to tell which wires go where. I do know that the Power button/led is a green/black wire pair. Then there is a red/black pair and a yellow/black pair coming from the front of the case. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mike

dmikester1, Dec 16, 2007
  2. dmikester1

pstarke

motherboard for sale?

Hey Mike,

That old board you are taking out is the same model as the one that just died in my comp. Is yours in good condition? Are you interested in selling it?

pstarke, Dec 31, 2007
  3. dmikester1

pstarke

motherboard for sale?

Hey Mike,

That board you are taking out is the same as the one that just fried in my comp. Is yours in good condition? Are you interested in selling it?

pstarke, Dec 31, 2007
Ask a Question