usb port problems

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by ross3737, Jan 14, 2009.

1. ross3737

ross3737

Hi guys, this is my first post, hope its in the right section.
    I have an 'ASRock k8 upgrade nf3' motherboard which i believe has the nvidia usb controller. Im using windows XP with SP3.
    I have been using the usb ports up until now with no problems, but when i checked the device manager i noticed it never said usb 2.0 anywhere, and it hasn't been going very fast so i presumed at this point that it was just usb 1 that was being used. Anyway i tried to upgrade it and the usb has stopped working altogether now, i have the yellow warning icons beside the usb entries in the device manager. I've tried to roll back the drivers with no luck and i've downloaded drivers from the internet with no luck. When i just click 'Upgrade Driver' in the device manager it says it can't continue because it couldn't find a better match for the hardware than what's already installed.
    Its a bit of a pain because i just got a new usb stick thus the reason for trying to upgrade it.
    Any ideas anyone?

ross3737, Jan 14, 2009
Ask a Question