Weird Problem with an ACER Travelmate 8000

Discussion in 'Acer' started by C°KéM@ñ, Jul 2, 2007.

  1. C°KéM@ñ

    C°KéM@ñ

    Hi,

    My brother gave me a defected Travelmate 8000 notebook. When I try to boot the notebook, I can only see the BIOS boot screen but then the screen turns completely black.

    I tought it had something to do with the hard drive but I already tried to boot from USB stick and cd-rom but the screen always turns blank. I have the impression that the computer doesn't search for the MBR on every medium I used.

    The output before it turns black is:

    Phoenix FirstBIOS(tm) Notebook Pro Version 2.0
    Copyright 1985-2002 Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
    All Rights Reserved

    BIOS version 3A12
    System ID=01234567
    Build Time: 04/02/04 10:09:08

    CPU = Intel (R) Pentium(R) M Processor 1500MHZ
    511 System RAM Passed
    1024K Cache SRAM Passed
    System BIOS Shadowed
    Video BIOS Shadowed
    ATAPI CD-Rom: QSI...
    USB: GENERIC FLASH DISK
    Mouse Initialized

    Can someone give me an advice on what I have to do to fix this problem, or can anyone at least give me an explanation of what causes this problem.

    Thank you

    C°KéM@ñ, Jul 2, 2007
  2. C°KéM@ñ

    liquefy

    possibly a motherboard issue.
    i know that with my desktop, the times when it gets stuck on the bios, it always ends up being that i need a new motherboard.

    liquefy, Jul 10, 2007
  3. C°KéM@ñ

    mohibr

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2008
    Hiya Mate,

    Did you manage to sort your problem out? Iv got a TM8006 with the same problem, please let me know, many thanks.

    Best regards.

    mohibr, Feb 1, 2008