What does TFSC stand for?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by [email protected], Oct 25, 2007.

  1. carlos.coelho@tele2.pt

    [email protected]

    Greetings!!

    I own a outdated Dell GXMT 5200 computer. Unfortunately, the power supply went down. It is a Liton (Taiwan) PS-5231-1-1 Rev.4, and the pin layout is as follows:

    Color Signal Pin Pin Signal Color
    Gray /PS_On 11 1 +5V Red
    Black GND 12 2 GND Black
    Black GND 13 3 +5V Red/Black
    Black GND 14 4 GND Black
    White -5V 15 5 Power_Good Orange
    Red +5V 16 6 +5VSB Purple
    Red +5V 17 7 +12V Yellow
    Red +5V 18 8 -12V Blue
    Brown TFSC 19 9 GND Black
    Red +5V 20 10 GND Black

    I am trying to repair it, but I don't know what does TFSC stand for; what is its voltage;
    polarity, and current.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thank you.
    [email protected]

    [email protected], Oct 25, 2007
  2. carlos.coelho@tele2.pt

    kawal

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2008
    What is TFSC

    TFSC = thermal fan speed control its the reading for RPMs of the power supply fan.
    All the Dell workstation PS have this function for making sure the PS fan is running.

    kawal, Jan 11, 2008