Will This Fan Fit My Motherboard? How Does One Typically Find Out?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by hyliandanny, Nov 17, 2010.

  1. hyliandanny

    hyliandanny

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2010
    Hello.

    I have a MSI k9n6gm motherboard. It looks like this:

    K9N6PGM2-V2 model

    As you can see, the fan's holes aren't really in a square; it's more of a rectangle. After asking a TigerDirect representative, I tried a fan. It didn't fit and I'm going to get a return/refund.

    Now they're suggesting this one:

    Masscool 5F9001B1H3 CPU Cooling Fan - Socket 939, 940, AM2, AM2+

    This time, I'm not just trusting them. Will that fit in my motherboard? How does one typically find out what fan will fit in their motherboard?

    Thanks in advance!

    .... annnnnd it won't let me post websites. Le sigh. At least you guys know how to search the MSI and TigerDirect sites, right? Sorry the rules here make it less convenient.

    hyliandanny, Nov 17, 2010
  2. hyliandanny

    hyliandanny

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2010
    Is there maybe another forum where I can get an answer? :)

    Thanks!

    hyliandanny, Nov 19, 2010