x10DRD-iNT onborad nvme not detected

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by ray20111, Dec 2, 2019.

  1. ray20111

    ray20111

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2019
    Hi all,

    I have a x10DRD-iNT in a 1U Supermicro chassis where i run the OS (win19 hyper-v) off 2xSATA SSD drives on port 3&4 of the onboard SATA controller.

    Now this mobo has two onboard NVME slots attached to the blackplane (port 1&2). My chassis has 3.5 inch hdd bays.
    I'm looking to install m.2 sticks on these ports. I have hdd caddys which converts 2.5 to 3.5 inches but i have no place to seat the m.2 stick.

    Today i'm using Syba 185113 to seat the m.2 stick into a 2.5 inch enviroment. The sticks are not detected in BIOS or Win19. If i seat a normal 2.5" SSD its detected just fine.

    Syba: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Syba-18511...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

    I take it that my Syba converter thingy is not correct.

    Has anyone seated a m.2 stick in this 2.5 slot? Any tips on what adapter to use? A workaround is to get a few mini pcie m.2 controllers and seat them directly in the pcie slots. But i was hoping to use the limited pcie (1u chassis) for a GPU to share out via hyper-v.

    I'm using Samsung Evo 240GB's with a read/write to aprox 3500mb/sec so SATA SSD it not sufficient. The idea is to have 2x Samsung m.2's then setup a software raid0 for a full performance hyper-v VM volume.

    Any suggestions o'guru internet?

    Cheers
    Ray

    ray20111, Dec 2, 2019