X10SLH-F suddenly started to display artifacts

Discussion in 'Supermicro' started by Brian_DK, Feb 8, 2022.

  1. Brian_DK

    Brian_DK

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2022
    Hi,

    Suddenly after a reboot of my X10SLH-F based server both physical monitor AND IPMI/iKVM (HTML5) started to display artifacts. But it is first when VMware is starting displaying its "graphical" screen. There is no problem entering BIOS or seeing POST actions while booting.

    I have attached a snippet from IPMI/iKVM, but it is also the same when viewing on a monitor attached physical to the onboard VGA.

    I have tried resetting IPMI and reflash with the same firmware version. It is running the latest - 3.90.

    Does any of you have seen something like it before?

    Regard
    Brian

    Attached Files:

    Brian_DK, Feb 8, 2022
  2. Brian_DK

    Brian_DK

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2022
    After some more testing it seems to be an VMware update that have wrecked the graphics due to the fact that it does not have a driver for the Aspeed board anymore.
    A boot on Windows 7 does not have any artifacts.

    Brian_DK, Feb 20, 2022