ZE4900 (ze4904us to be exact) Problems

Discussion in 'HP' started by HPlaptopsStink, Apr 9, 2009.

  1. HPlaptopsStink

    HPlaptopsStink

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Here's the problem.

    It's an HP ze 4904US running windows XP. Worked fine, then went to start one day and screen wouldn't come on. Having had this problem with my ze1000 series, I thought it could be screen bulb or inverter. But it isn't.

    • * When I turn it on, I see the blue light all the way to the left on as well as the orange light by the battery symbol to the right.
    • * I don't hear beeps.
    • * I do hear the cd rom spin if a cd is loaded.
    • * I do hear the fan for just a second occasionally. Not every time.
    • * The screen is black and no faint xp logo or anything.
    • * I feel like maybe it's not booting all the way.
    • * If I press caps lock or num lock, the accent light doesnt come one. (maybe bad keyboard)

    Here's what I've tested so far:

    • * used reset button
    • * removed battery and ac adapter and held power button 1 min.
    • * One by one removed hardware to narrow problem
    • * Re-seated everything and made sure connections were good
    • * tried 2 other known working ac adapters.
    • * hooked up to my PC monitor and still nothing. Monitor doesn't noticed anything attached. (why I believe it's not screen and just isnt booting.)

    If it ends up being the motherboard, I do have a motherboard that works in my ze1000 laptop, but I don't know if it is compatible.

    HPlaptopsStink, Apr 9, 2009